NorthernWaves.tv takes place on 31 May 2018. The conference will bring together the TV community to discuss the latest developments in TV technologies and its impact on the business around it. The capital of Norway, Oslo, will play host to the event, which is endorsed and supported by leading broadcasters and pay-tv operators in Scandinavia.
Northern Waves 2018 will be a platform where key decision makers and advisors will present technologies and case studies of current and relevant topics within the TV-streaming industry.
The headline programme for NorthernWaves.tv includes:
Morning Sessions 08:30 - 12:30
● Codecs and encoding - HEVC vs AV1, encoding differences, cloud TV.
● Case studies - Android TV, AB testing.
● Leadership debate (Pay-TV operators) – Unification of tech standards.
Afternoon Sessions 13:30 - 17:30
● Advertising and analytics – Ad standards, personalisation of ads, big data.
● Case studies – Global digital reach, ad insertion.
● Direct to consumer debate (broadcasters) – Understanding the industry.
The event will include a networking lunch, cocktails and a gala dinner.
Presentations and case studies will be made by representatives from companies including Canal Digital, Discovery - Eurosport, TV2, Telenor, GET, NRK, and Riks TV.
To see the full agenda and to register your attendance for Northern Waves, please visit: